Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's International Pancake Day




Well, I know what we are having for dinner. We are always fans of "brinner" in our house, but what better day than....International (or National...it depends on what you look at!) Pancake Day. Get your whisk & heat your griddle & cook up some pancakes tonight. In honor of International Pancake Day, I will share my FAVORITE pancake recipe. I have always been a fan of bisquick until I made this recipe. It is really easy & beyond yummy! It is worth the extra time (which isn't too much!) This recipe is from www.allrecipes.com (with a few of my changes).

********
Pancakes:

3 cups all-purpose flour
6 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
2 Tbsp vanilla

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, & sugar. Make a well in the center & pour in milk & melted butter; stir until butter is incorporated & then add eggs. Mix until smooth (I like to use a wire whisk).

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides & serve hot.

*********

If you try them, let me know what you think. They are super yummy & the kids LOVE to help!!! Have a great International Pancake Day!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...