Thursday, April 23, 2009

About May Day



I have been doing some research on May Day. Here is a simple explaination for May Day, but I will give you a basic summary.

May Day is celebrated on May 1st. It is to welcome spring into your home & is a celebration of the reappearance of the flowers in the spring. Many people celebrate by making crafts to exchange with their friends and neighbors. Flowers are frequently used in the different activities and crafts. The most common May Day custom is to secretly leave a basket of flowers or other small gifts on a neighbor's doorknob or doorstep.

How fun would it be to find a cute flower basket (real or fake) hanging on your door. I don't know about you, but that would really brighten my day!

Wondertime has a cute flower template & you could put a Hershey kiss, Rolo, or mini Reese's peanut butter cup for the center of the flower. Get creative with whatever you have in your house! Stick it on a popsicle stick or a pipe cleaner & there you have a cute flower!

This is all still pretty new for me, so I am sure I will be posting some more ideas that I have found on the Internet & also some that we actually make.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...