Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day

Yesterday, my five year old started asking questions about how we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I really didn't know what to say to him. We explained bits of his story, but little man wanted to do something for the day. So, naturally....I hit the internet trying to find a craft that would work. It made me think about how some holidays we celebrate & make a big deal about & others are just a day out of school.

I found a Biography of Martin Luther King Jr. on Kaboose. They also have some other activities too. Activity Village has some coloring pages. We colored this coloring page. During my search...I found a Hand print Unity Wreath. You can find it at Handprint & Footprint Art. So, talk to your little ones & do an activity to help it stick! Happy Martin Luther King Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...