Monday, March 1, 2010

National Peanut Butter Lover's Day

We had a bit of down time today while Daddy was off "playing soldier" for the day. This is the PERFECT holiday for Preston. He HAS to eat a pb&j {peanut butter & jelly} everyday for lunch.

I have been feeling a bit guilty over the last few months. Things have been so crazy & I haven't done as much with the kids as I would like to. So, I thought making some peanut butter cup cookies together would be a fun {& tasty} activity for us to do together.

Here is the recipe we used {from allrecipes.com}

You need:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped

To make the cookies:

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
3.Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
4.Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
5.Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

**A tip that I read was freeze of refrigerate your peanut butter cups. It makes them easier to unwrap & they don't break apart when you press them into the cookie.

I have seen a few people doing "tot school". I think that I am going to try to set that up in the next 2 weeks with Preston. That way I will have a planned activity to do with Preston on days that he doesn't go to Preschool. So, stay tuned!

1 comment:

Torrie and Cassidy said...

Too bad I missed this holiday...Parker would eat pb&j for every meal if I would let him! I guess it's still okay to make a delicious peanut butter treat even when it's not national peanut butter lover's day. I think I'll be trying out that recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...